The last match of Delhi Capitals was against Chennai Super Kings in the Qualifier 2 Match of Indian Premier League 2019 and here you will know DC last match details, result, full scorecard, and match highlights.
The match info is as follows:
- Match: DC vs CSK, Qualifier 2 Match of Indian Premier League 2019
- Date and Time: 10 May 2019, Friday at 7:30 PM IST
- Venue: Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam
- Toss: Chennai Super Kings won the toss and opted to bowl first
Last IPL Match DC Playing 11: Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Colin Munro, Axar Patel, Sherfane Rutherford, Keemo Paul, Amit Mishra, Trent Boult, Ishant Sharma.
DC Last Match Result
Chennai Super Kings defeated Delhi Capitals by 6 wickets with 6 balls remaining to win the Qualifier 2 match and entered into IPL 2020 final.
- Delhi Capitals Innings – 147/9 (20 overs)
- Chennai Super Kings Innings – 151/4 (19 overs)
DC Last Match Full Scorecard
|DC vs CSK IPL 2019 Qualifier 2 Match Full Scorecard|
|DC Innings 147-9 (20 Overs)|
|Prithvi Shaw (lbw b D Chahar)||5||6||1||0|
|Shikhar Dhawan (c Dhoni b Harbhajan)||18||14||3||0|
|Colin Munro (c DJ Bravo b Ravindra Jadeja)||27||24||4||0|
|Shreyas Iyer (c) (c Raina b Tahir)||13||18||1||0|
|Rishabh Pant (wk) (c DJ Bravo b D Chahar)||38||25||2||1|
|Axar Patel (c Tahir b DJ Bravo)||3||6||0||0|
|Sherfane Rutherford (c Watson b Harbhajan)||10||12||0||1|
|Keemo Paul (b DJ Bravo)||3||7||0||0|
|Amit Mishra (not out)||6||3||1||0|
|Trent Boult (b Ravindra Jadeja)||6||3||0||1|
|Ishant Sharma (not out)||10||3||1||1|
|CSK Innings 151-4 (19 Overs)|
|Faf du Plessis (c Keemo Paul b Boult)||50||39||7||1|
|Shane Watson (c Boult b A Mishra)||50||32||3||4|
|Suresh Raina (b Axar)||11||13||0||0|
|Ambati Rayudu (not out)||20||20||3||0|
|MS Dhoni (c) (wk) (c Keemo Paul b Ishant)||9||9||1||0|
|Dwayne Bravo (not out)||0||1||0||0|
DC Last Match Highlights
- Chennai Super Kings beat Delhi Capitals by 6 wickets to win the Qualifier 2 match and advanced to the finals of IPL 2019.
- Chennai Super Kings entered their 8th final in the 10 editions of IPL they have played, the highest of any team.
- Faf du Plessis from Chennai Super Kings was awarded the Man of the Match award for his brilliant batting and fielding performance.
Best Batting Performances of the match:
- Rishabh Pant – 38 (25) – 2*4s | 1*6s | 152 SR
- Colin Munro – 27 (24) – 4*4s | 0*6s | 112.5 SR
- Shane Watson – 50 (32) – 3*4s | 4*6s | 156.2 SR
- Faf du Plessis – 50 (39) – 7*4s | 1*6s | 128.2 SR
Best Bowling Performances of the match:
- Dwayne Bravo – 19/2 (4 overs, Econ 4.75)
- Ravindra Jadeja – 23/2 (3 overs, Econ 7.66)
- Trent Boult – 20/1 (4 overs, Econ 5)
- Amit Mishra – 21/1 (4 overs, Econ 5.25)
Delhi Capitals Last Match Summary:
After being defeated by Mumbai Indians in Qualifier 1 match, the defending champions Chennai Super Kings were all set to give their best against Delhi Capitals who were hoping to get their final berth in a long time after sending away Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Eliminator match of IPL 2019. Chennai Super Kings showcased a clean executed performance defeating Delhi Capitals by 6 wickets with an over remaining to enter their 8th IPL final in 10 editions of IPL, and their third final against Mumbai Indians.
Chennai Super Kings restricted Delhi Capitals to 147 for nine wickets with their neat bowling and fielding performances. Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Harbhajan Singh, and Deepak Chahar take two wickets each for CSK. Later, the fifties of Shane Watson and Faf du Plessis helped CSK chase the target with ease, reaching 151 runs in 19 overs with six wickets to spare.
Delhi Capitals couldn’t start well in the first innings as openers Prithvi Shaw and Shikhar Dhawan left the crease early with the duo scoring only 21 runs in 2.3 overs in the opening wicket. CSK bowlers took wickets at regular wickets as DC slumped to 75 for four wickets in 11.3 overs. Shreyas Iyer and Colin Munro tried to get back on the hunt but couldn’t deliver a great performance. Power hitter Rishabh Pant scored some quick boundaries in the death overs to put a decent score and Ishant Sharma surprisingly hit boundaries it the final over to bring Delhi Capitals close to the 150-run mark.
In the second innings, Faf du Plessis and Shane Watson started cautiously in the opening wickets. While du Plessis was batting aggressively, Watson played slow innings initially. Faf du Plessis secured his 12th IPL fifty scoring 50 off 39 balls with the help of 7 boundaries and 1 six. After du Plessis’s wicket fell for Trent Boult, Watson was on destruction mode scoring a quick fifty off 31 balls with 3 boundaries and 4 sixes. In the hurry to finish the match quickly, he was dismissed by Amit Mishra. Later Suresh Raina and Mahendra Singh Dhoni got out with very few runs while Ambati Rayudu remained on the crease to secure the modest win for Chennai Super Kings.
See all Delhi Capitals IPL 2020 Matches.