The last match of Kolkata Knight Riders was against Mumbai Indians in the 56th league match of Indian Premier League 2019 and here you will know KKR last match details, result, full scorecard, and match highlights.
The match info is as follows:
- Match: KKR vs MI, 56th Match of Indian Premier League 2019
- Date and Time: 5 May 2019, Sunday at 8:00 PM IST
- Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
- Toss: Mumbai Indians won the toss and opted to bowl first
Last IPL Match KKR Playing 11: Shubman Gill, Chris Lynn, Robin Uthappa, Andre Russell, Dinesh Karthik (c & wk), Nitish Rana, Sunil Narine, Rinku Singh, Harry Gurney, Sandeep Warrier, Prasidh Krishna.
KKR Last Match Result
Mumbai Indians defeated Kolkata Knight Riders by 9 wickets with 3.5 overs to win the 56th league match and entered into the Qualifier 1 match for IPL 2019.
- Kolkata Knight Riders Innings – 133/7 (20 overs)
- Mumbai Indians Innings – 134/1 (16.1 overs)
KKR Last Match Full Scorecard
|KKR vs MI IPL 2019 56th Match Full Scorecard|
|KKR Innings 133-7 (20 Overs)|
|Shubman Gill (lbw b Hardik Pandya)||9||16||0||0|
|Chris Lynn (c de Kock b Hardik Pandya)||41||29||2||4|
|Robin Uthappa (c Rohit b Bumrah)||40||47||1||3|
|Dinesh Karthik (c & wK) (c Krunal Pandya b Malinga)||3||9||0||0|
|Andre Russell (c de Kock b Malinga)||0||1||0||0|
|Nitish Rana (c Pollard b Malinga)||26||13||0||3|
|Rinku Singh (c Hardik Pandya b Bumrah)||4||6||0||0|
|Sunil Narine (not out)||0||0||0||0|
|MI Innings 134-1 (16.1 Overs)|
|Quinton de Kock (wk) (c Karthik b Prasidh)||30||23||1||3|
|Rohit Sharma (c) (not out)||55||48||8||0|
|Suryakumar Yadav (not out)||46||27||5||2|
KKR Last Match Highlights
- Mumbai Indians beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 9 wickets to win the 56th match of the season and advanced to the Qualifier 1 match of IPL 2019 against Chennai Super Kings.
- Rohit Sharma secured his 36th IPL half-century.
- Hardik Pandya from Mumbai Indians was awarded the Man of the Match award for his impressive bowling performance.
Best Batting Performances of the match:
- Chris Lynn – 41 (29) – 2*4s | 4*6s | 141.4 SR
- Robin Uthappa – 40 (47) – 1*4s | 3*6s | 85.1 SR
- MI: Rohit Sharma – 56 (38) – 8*4s | 0*6s | 114.6 SR
- Surya Kumar Yadav – 46 (27) – 5*4s | 2*6s | 170.4 SR
Best Bowling Performances of the match:
- Lasith Malinga – 35/3 (4 overs, Econ 8.75)
- Hardik Pandya – 20/2 (3 overs, Econ 6.66)
- Prasidh Krishna – 22/1 (3 overs, Econ 7.33)
- Harry Gurney – 20/0 (3 overs, Econ 6.66)
Kolkata Knight Riders Last Match Summary:
In the final league match of the IPL 2019 season, Mumbai Indians crushed Kolkata Knight Riders by 9 wickets to top the points table with 18 points from 14 matches. Mumbai Indians never struggled at any point while chasing an easy target of 134 runs set by Kolkata Knight Riders in the first innings. Surya Kumar Yadav and Rohit Sharma delivered a spectacular batting performance and Quinton de Kock impressed MI fans as well. With MI’s victory, Kolkata Knight Riders have kicked off the tournament with Sunrisers Hyderabad making it to the playoffs due to their better net run rate.
Kolkata Knight Riders started off the first innings fine with openers Chris Lynn and Shubman Gill scoring 49 runs together in 6 overs. Shubman Gill failed to impress but Chris Lynn topped the batting order of Kolkata Knight Riders with 41 runs off 29 balls which involved 2 fours and 4 sixes. The middle order of Kolkata Knight Riders succumbed to the charisma of Mumbai bowlers. They could fetch only 12 runs in 5 overs and be suffering from 61 runs for two wickets in after overs. Later Robin Uthappa and Nitish run put up a 47-run partnership for the fifth wicket. Uthappa scored 40 runs off 47 balls while Nitish Rana scored 26 runs off 13 balls. KKR’s leading run-scorer Andre Russell failed to deliver in the crucial match as he was dismissed for a first-ball duck. Hardik Pandya conceded only 20 runs in his 3 overs. Lasith Malinga took 3 wickets while Hardik Pandya and Jasprit Bumrah took 2 wickets each and the trio were the main wicket-takers for MI.
The left-right hand opening pair of Quinton de Kock and Rohit Sharma gave Mumbai Indians a flying start scoring 46 runs in 6 overs. De Kock scored 30 runs off 23 balls with 1 four and 3 sixes before being dismissed by KKR wicket-keeper Dinesh Karthik’s brilliant running catch. After his dismissal, Rohit Sharma and Surya Kumar Yadav delivered an unbeaten second-wicket partnership of 88 runs. Rohit Sharma scored an unbeaten 55 runs off 48 balls which involved 8 boundaries. This was his 36th IPL fifty. On the other side, Surya Kumar Yadav scored a quick 46 runs off 27 balls which involved 5 fours ad 2 sixes.