The last match of Kings XI Punjab was against Chennai Super Kings in the 55th league match of Indian Premier League 2019 and here you will know KXIP last match details, result, full scorecard, and match highlights.
The match info is as follows:
- Match: KXIP vs CSK, 55th Match of Indian Premier League 2019
- Date and Time: 5 May 2019, Sunday at 4:00 PM IST
- Venue: Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali
- Toss: Punjab won the toss and opted to bowl first
Last IPL Match KXIP Playing 11: Chris Gayle, Lokesh Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Mandeep Singh, Sam Curran, Ravichandran Ashwin (c), Andrew Tye, Murugan Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Harpreet Brar.
KXIP Last Match Result
Kings XI Punjab defeated Chennai Super Kings by 6 wickets with 12 balls remaining to win the 55th league match of IPL 2019.
- Chennai Super Kings Innings – 170/5 (20 overs)
- Kings XI Punjab Innings – 173/4 (18 overs)
KXIP Last Match Full Scorecard
|KXIP vs CSK IPL 2019 55th Match Full Scorecard|
|CSK Innings 170-5 (20 Overs)|
|Faf du Plessis (b Sam Curran)||96||55||10||4|
|Shane Watson (b Sam Curran)||7||11||1||0|
|Suresh Raina (c Shami b Sam Curran)||53||38||5||2|
|MS Dhoni (c & wk) (not out)||10||12||0||0|
|Ambati Rayudu (c Mandeep b Shami)||1||2||0||0|
|Kedar Jadhav (b Shami)||0||1||0||0|
|Dwayne Bravo (not out)||1||1||0||0|
|Ravichandran Ashwin (c)||4||0||23||0|
|KXIP Innings 173-4 (18 Overs)|
|Lokesh Rahul (c Tahir b Harbhajan)||71||36||7||5|
|Chris Gayle (c (sub) D Shorey b Harbhajan)||28||28||2||2|
|Nicholas Pooran (wk) (c Dhoni b Ravindra Jadeja)||36||22||2||3|
|Mayank Agarwal (c Ravindra Jadeja b Harbhajan)||7||6||1||0|
|Mandeep Singh (not out)||11||9||0||0|
|Sam Curran (not out)||6||7||1||0|
KXIP Last Match Highlights
- Kings XI Punjab beat Chennai Super Kings by 6 wickets to win the 55th match of the season while Chennai Super Kings still advanced to the Qualifier 1 match of IPL 2019.
- Lokesh Rahul from Kings XI Punjab was awarded the Man of the Match award for his brilliant batting performance.
Best Batting Performances of the match:
- Faf du Plessis – 96 (55) – 10*4s | 4*6s | 174.5 SR
- Suresh Raina – 53 (38) – 5*4s | 2*6s | 139.5 SR
- K L Rahul – 71 (36) – 7*4s | 5*6s | 197.2 SR
- Nicholas Pooran – 36 (22) – 2*4s | 3*6s | 163.6 SR
Best Bowling Performances of the match:
- Harbhajan Singh – 57/3 (4 overs, Econ 14.25)
- Ravindra Jadeja – 16/1 (2 overs, Econ 8)
- Sam Curran – 35/3 (4 overs, Econ 8.75)
- Mohammed Shami – 17/2 (3 overs, Econ 5.66)
Kings XI Punjab Last Match Summary:
Kings XI Punjab showcased a spectacular batting performance to defeat Chennai Super Kings by 6 wickets and 12 balls remaining. But it was too late as their victory only secured them the 6th spot in the points table of IPL 2019. After Chennai Super Kings had a put a big total of 170/5 in the first innings, CSK fans had almost ensured their victory over KXIP but the elegant batting performance of K L Rahul and Nicholas Pooran gave Kings XI Punjab their consolation victory. They were extremely glad to end the season defeating the league leaders CSK in their final match. Chennai Super Kings still had a good net run rate which retained their one in top two positions and a shot at the finals of IPL 2019.
Chennai Super Kings delivered a marvelous game with opening batsman Faf du Plessis scoring 96 runs off 55 balls which involved 10 boundaries and 4 sixes. He missed a well-deserved century by 4 runs as he fell for a brilliant yorker from Sam Curran in the 19th over. But he demolished the bowling attack of KXIP especially punishing Andrew Tye and Murugan Ashwin who conceded 37 and 33 runs respectively in 3 overs. Suresh Raina accompanied du Plessis in the batting spree scoring 53 runs off 38 balls which involved 5 fours and 2 sixes. Sam Curran and Mohammed Shami bowled well for KXIP in the death overs to restrict Chennai Super Kings to 170 for 5 wickets.
In the second innings, K L Rahul dominated from the beginning, and with Chris Gayle alongside, KXIP scored 108 runs in 10.3 overs in their partnership. Rahul scored his fifty in 19 balls and later continued to score 71 runs off 36 balls with 7 boundaries and 5 sixes. M S Dhoni decided to use Harbhajan Singh in the powerplay overs considering his previous performance but it backfired as he conceded 41 runs in his first two overs. Later he fought back in his last two overs taking three wickets for 16 runs which included K L Rahul, Chris Gayle, and Mayank Agarwal. But it was too late by then as Caribbean power striker Nicholas Pooran’s cameo batting of 36 runs in 22 balls with 2 boundaries and 3 sixes sealed the victory of Kings XI Punjab.
See all Kings XI Punjab IPL 2020 Matches.