The last match of Rajasthan Royals was against Delhi Capitals in the 53rd league match of Indian Premier League 2019 and here you will know RR last match details, result, full scorecard, and match highlights.
The match info is as follows:
- Match: RR vs DC, 53rd Match of Indian Premier League 2019
- Date and Time: 4 May 2019, Saturday at 4:00 PM IST
- Venue: Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
- Toss: Rajasthan Royals won the toss and opted to bat first
Last IPL Match RR Playing 11: Sanju Samson (wk), Liam Livingstone, Ajinkya Rahane (c), Riyan Parag, Stuart Binny, Mahipal Lomror, Krishnappa Gowtham, Shreyas Gopal, Ish Sodhi, Varun Aaron, Oshane Thomas.
RR Last Match Result
Delhi Capitals defeated Rajasthan Royals by 5 wickets with 3.5 overs remaining to win the 53rd league match of IPL 2019.
- Rajasthan Royals Innings – 115/9 (20 overs)
- Delhi Capitals Innings – 121/5 (18 overs)
RR Last Match Full Scorecard
|RR vs DC IPL 2019 53rd Match Full Scorecard|
|RR Innings 115-9 (20 Overs)|
|Ajinkya Rahane (c) (c Dhawan b Ishant)||2||4||0||0|
|Liam Livingstone (b Ishant)||14||13||1||1|
|Sanju Samson (wk) (run out by Prithvi Shaw)||5||8||0||0|
|Mahipal Lomror (c Pant b Ishant)||8||3||0||0|
|Shreyas Gopal (st Pant b A Mishra)||12||18||0||0|
|Riyan Parag (c Sherfane Rutherford b Boult)||50||49||4||2|
|Stuart Binny (c Pant b A Mishra)||0||1||0||0|
|Krishnappa Gowtham (c Ishant b A Mishra)||6||6||1||0|
|Ish Sodhi (c A Mishra b Boult)||6||11||0||0|
|Varun Aaron (not out)||3||7||0||0|
|DC Innings 121-5 (16.1 Overs)|
|Prithvi Shaw (b Ish Sodhi)||8||8||1||0|
|Shikhar Dhawan (c Riyan Parag b Ish Sodhi)||16||12||2||0|
|Shreyas Iyer (c) (c Livingstone b Shreyas Gopal)||15||9||0||2|
|Rishabh Pant (wk) (not out)||53||38||2||5|
|Colin Ingram (c A Rahane b Ish Sodhi)||12||23||0||0|
|Sherfane Rutherford (c Livingstone b Shreyas Gopal)||11||6||0||1|
|Axar Patel (not out)||1||1||0||0|
RR Last Match Highlights
- Delhi Capitals beat Rajasthan Royals by 5 wickets to win the 53rd match of the season while Delhi Capitals kept on their hopes for getting into top 4 in the points table.
- Riyan Parag (50) became the youngest player in IPL history to score a fifty.
- Amit Mishra from Delhi Capitals was awarded the Man of the Match award for his brilliant bowling performance.
Best Batting Performances of the match:
- Rishabh Pant – 53 (38) – 2*4s | 5*6s | 139.5 SR
- Shikhar Dhawan – 16 (12) – 2*4s | 0*6s | 133.3 SR
- Riyan Parag – 50 (49) – 4*4s | 2*6s | 102 SR
- Liam Livingstone – 14 (13) – 1*4s | 1*6s | 107.7 SR
Best Bowling Performances of the match:
- Amit Mishra – 17/3 (4 overs, Econ 4.25)
- Ishant Sharma – 38/3 (4 overs, Econ 9.5)
- Ish Sodhi – 26/3 (3.1 overs, Econ 8.21)
- Shreyas Gopal – 21/2 (4 overs, Econ 5.25)
Rajasthan Royals Last Match Summary:
Delhi capitals continued their good performance to win their last playoff match of the IPL 2019 season against Rajasthan Royals by 5 wickets with 3.5 overs to spare. Delhi capitals had to chase the easy target of 115 runs set by Rajasthan Royals in the first innings within 10 overs to get their net run rates above Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians and secure one of the top two spots. With the victory, Delhi Capitals were placed in the second position, which also depended on the results of the upcoming matches. Rishabh Pant’s masterclass of 53 not out again guided DC to their victory though their top order collapsed.
In the first innings, Rajasthan Royals disappointed their fans with a low score of 115 runs for 9 wickets. Ishant Sharma produced a brilliant spell of 3 wickets for 38 runs. He departed the openers Ajinkya Rahane and Liam Livingstone early in the match in successive overs. Later, Sanju Samson, Mahipal Lomror, Shreyas Gopal, and Stuart Binny failed to produce a match-winning performance. Amit Mishra delivered a giant blow taking 3 wickets conceding just 17 runs. He was so close to capturing his third hat-trick in IPL history but was, unfortunately, let down by Trent Boult who missed an easy catch. Meanwhile, Riyan Parag scored a fifty which also included 18 runs off Ishant Sharma’s last over to anchor the RR innings. He even scored two maximums in the 20th over of Trent Boult and with his maiden IPL fifty, he became the youngest player in IPL history to score a fifty.
Chasing what appeared to be an easy target, the overconfidence of Delhi batsmen was apparent which led to their quick downfall. Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer, and Colin Munro all disappointed and couldn’t even score 20 runs. Ish Sodhi and Shreyas Gopal bowled economically and secured two wickets each to collapse DC’s middle order. This led to DC sacrificing their goal of achieving the target in 10 overs and rather focus on winning the match. Rishabh Pant remained on the crease till the end of the match, scoring a fifty of 38 balls which included 5 sixes. He finished the match in style on the first ball of the 17th over with a six – which was also his 87th six for Delhi Capitals.
See all Rajasthan Royals IPL 2020 Matches.