The last match of Sunrisers Hyderabad was against Delhi Capitals in the Eliminator match of Indian Premier League 2019 and here you will know SRH last match details, result, full scorecard, and match highlights.
The match info is as follows:
- Match: SRH vs DC, Eliminator Match, Indian Premier League 2019
- Date and Time: 8 May 2019, Wednesday at 7:30 PM IST
- Venue: Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam
- Toss: Delhi Capitals won the toss and opted to bowl first
Last IPL Match SRH Playing 11: Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Martin Guptill, Manish Pandey, Kane Williamson (c), Vijay Shankar, Mohammad Nabi, Deepak Hooda, Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, K Khaleel Ahmed, Basil Thampi.
SRH Last Match Result
Delhi Capitals defeated Sunrisers Hyderabad by 2 wickets with 1 ball remaining to win the Eliminator match and was entered in the Qualifier 2 match.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad Innings – 162/8 (20 overs)
- Delhi Capitals Innings – 165/8 (19.5 overs)
SRH Last Match Full Scorecard
|SRH vs DC IPL 2019 Eliminator Match Full Scorecard|
|SRH Innings 162-8 (20 Overs)|
|Wriddhiman Saha (wk) (c Shreyas Iyer b Ishant)||8||9||1||0|
|Martin Guptill (c Keemo Paul b A Mishra)||36||19||1||4|
|Manish Pandey (c Sherfane Rutherford b Keemo Paul)||30||36||3||0|
|Kane Williamson (c) (b Ishant)||28||27||2||0|
|Vijay Shankar (c Axar b Boult)||25||11||2||2|
|Mohammad Nabi (c Axar b Keemo Paul)||20||13||3||1|
|Deepak Hooda (run out by Pant)||4||4||0||0|
|Rashid Khan (c Pant b Keemo Paul)||0||1||0||0|
|Bhuvneshwar Kumar (not out)||0||0||0||0|
|Basil Thampi (not out)||1||1||0||0|
|DC Innings 165-8 (19.5 Overs)|
|Prithvi Shaw (c Vijay Shankar b Khaleel Ahmed)||56||38||6||2|
|Shikhar Dhawan (st Saha b Deepak Hooda)||17||16||3||0|
|Shreyas Iyer (c) (c Saha b Khaleel Ahmed)||8||10||1||0|
|Rishabh Pant (wk) (c Nabi b Bhuvneshwar)||49||21||2||5|
|Colin Munro (lbw b Rashid Khan)||14||13||1||1|
|Axar Patel (c Saha b Rashid Khan)||0||3||0||0|
|Sherfane Rutherford (c Nabi b Bhuvneshwar)||9||12||0||1|
|Keemo Paul (not out)||5||4||1||0|
|Amit Mishra (obs)||1||2||0||0|
|Trent Boult (not out)||0||0||0||0|
SRH Last Match Highlights
- Delhi Capitals beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 2 wickets to win the Eliminator match and advanced to the Qualifier 2 match of IPL 2019 against Chennai Super Kings.
- This was Delhi franchise’s first-ever IPL knockout victory in 11 years.
- Rishabh Pant from Delhi Capitals was awarded the Man of the Match award for his brilliant batting performance.
Best Batting Performances of the match:
- Martin Guptill – 36 (19) – 1*4s | 4*6s | 189.5 SR
- Manish Pandey – 30 (36) – 3*4s | 0*6s | 83.3 SR
- Prithvi Shaw – 56 (38) – 6*4s | 2*6s | 147.4 SR
- Rishabh Pant – 49 (21) – 2*4s | 5*6s | 233.3 SR
Best Bowling Performances of the match:
- Keemo Paul – 32/3 (4 overs, Econ 8)
- Ishant Sharma – 34/2 (3 overs, Econ 8.5)
- SRH: Rashid Khan – 15/2 (4 overs, Econ 3.75)
- Khaleel Ahmed – 24/2 (2.5 overs, Econ 8.47)
Sunrisers Hyderabad Last Match Summary:
In the nail-biting Eliminator match of IPL 2019, the batting performances of Prithvi Shaw and Rishabh Pant led Delhi Capitals to their entry to Qualifier 2 match bringing down the hopes of Sunrisers Hyderabad in getting a shot at yet another IPL title. Chasing a challenging score of 163 set by Sunrisers Hyderabad, Delhi Capitals, though had a blasting start, succumbed in the middle until young Rishabh Pant fought back with 49 runs of 21 balls which involved five sixes. In the nerve-wracking final over, young Caribbean Keemo Paul finished the match in style with a boundary in the last but one ball off Khaleel Ahmed.
In the first innings, SRH batsmen failed to impress the crowd in this batting pitch. Though they lost Wriddhiman Saha early in the match, opener Martin Guptill scored 36 runs off 19 balls which involved 4 sixes to bring a good total of 54 runs in the powerplay. Manish Panday gave him good company with 30 runs of 36 balls. But in the remaining 14 overs, SRH was able to score only 108 runs. Spinners Axar Patel and Amit Mishra squeezed SRH batsmen in the middle overs and they lost their momentum with Williamson, Vijay Shankar, and Nabi struggling to score. DC bowlers including Keemo Paul and Ishant Sharma bowled a total of 40 dot balls in the innings.
In the second innings, DC started off well with Prithvi Shaw (56 runs off 38 balls) raining boundaries and sixes while Shikhar Dhawan fiddled on the other side. They secured a total of 55 runs in the powerplay overs. Later, Delhi Capitals lost their momentum as well especially with Khaleel’s extra pace and bounce. Rashid Khan conceded only 15 runs in 4 overs with the wickets of Colin Munro and Axar Patel. Delhi Capitals were struggling with 111 runs for 5 wickets and that’s when Rishabh Pant appeared as the savior of the team. From 42 runs required in the last four overs, it came down to 34 runs from three overs. In the 18th over, Pant smashed off SRH’s Basil Thampi scoring 21 runs in the over. After a six off Bhuvneshwar Kumar in the 19th over, Rishabh Pant departed setting a chaseable target of five runs off seven balls. Young Keemo Paul hit the fifth ball of Khaleel Ahmed’s last over for a boundary to seal the first knockout win for Delhi Capitals in 11 years.
See all Sunrisers Hyderabad IPL 2020 Matches.