The eminent T20 league is about to start and our curiosity is on the peak that in this season which teams can qualify IPL 2020 playoffs. Well, all the team are preparing at their best but the rule is that only four best teams can be qualified for the playoffs according to their points in the IPL 2020 points table.
We will predict here the top 4 teams who can qualify in playoffs and who can retain their top positions in the points table, according to teams’ previous season’s stats and performances, their players’ performances, their points table performance history, their IPL 2020 team squads strengths.
Teams Who Can Qualify IPL 2020 Playoffs
The teams who can jump into the playoffs are enlisted below:
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS (CSK)
There will no surprise in seeing the YELLOW ARMY in IPL 2020 playoffs. Chennai Super Kings have lifted the IPL trophy thrice and holds the record of qualifying in all the seasons of the Indian Premier League. CSK has also won CLT20 two times in 2010 and 2014. In the Captaincy of MS Dhoni, the team becomes more powerful as in ten appearances, the Chennai Super Kings team has been in eight IPL finals, three titles, and five-times runner up. Having the win percentage of 61.28%.CSK also attains excellency in UAE by winning four matches out of five.
Top Chennai Super Kings Players Who Can Bring CSK into the Playoffs:
In Batting Order –
- Faf du Plessis
- Shane Watson
- Suresh Raina
- Ambati Rayudu
- MS Dhoni
Faf du Plessis, Watson, Raina and Dhoni have pleasingly batted in previous editions and becomes the strong lineup for the team.
In Allrounders –
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Dwayne Bravo/Sam Curran
Ravindra Jadeja and Dwayne Bravo, both of them are prominent all-rounders and the backbone of the team, and the new inclusion of young promising all-rounder Sam Curran will be as a backup allrounder option for CSK.
In Bowling Order –
- Piyush Chawla
- Imran Tahir
- Deepak Chahar
Deepak Chahar has done well in the previous season although Piyush Chawla can be beneficial as UAE pitches are for spinners. His experience can help the team.
While the spin bowlers will be in demand as the pitches of UAE grounds are likely to help spin bowlers, so Imran Tahir can be again the most wicket-taking bowler for CSK. Imran Tahir was the purple cap winner in the last IPL season.
CSK Team Strengths:
- When we talk about top batting order, they have a huge collection of best overseas and Indian plays with their consistent performance. Having experienced lineups like Shane Watson, Faf Du Plessis, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni, and Murali Vijay makes the team very strong.
- While players like Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Mitchell Santner, and Sam Curran as all rounder’s become the problem for the opponent team with both bat and ball.
- The fact which no one can deny about their best spin take which will be very helpful to the team on UAE pitches.
- Team has a great advisory having Stephen Fleming as Head Coach while batting Coach is Michael Hussey, Bowling Coach Lakshmipathy Balaji.
- CSK has won 100 matches out of 165 matches till now as CSK has one of the best lineup and huge experienced players in their team will help them a lot.
MUMBAI INDIANS (MI)
RO-HIT SHARMA Gang, four times Champions of IPL ( in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019) and two times CLT winner is one of the most dangerous and most successful teams in IPL history. “Duniya Hila Denge hum” slogan fits them as they are the tough contenders among all teams.
An interesting thing is that they are winning the IPL as an arithmetic series and according to this prediction says there are fewer chances for becoming champions this year, meanwhile jokes apart Mumbai Indians can qualify to playoffs and will give burly competition to all the teams.
An interesting thing is that Sreesanth has predicted that Mumbai Indians will win the title this year. Although the point to be noted is that they haven’t won any match in UAE in IPL 2014 and defiantly they want to change this in this season.
Top Mumbai Indians Players Who Can Bring MI into the Playoffs:
In Batting Order –
- Rohit Sharma
- Quinton De Kock
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Chris Lynn
All the batsmen are really well and have the capability to score or chase high scores.
In All Rounders –
- Kieron Pollard
- Hardik Pandya
- Krunal Pandya
When it comes to IPL all-rounders, Pollard and Pandya Brothers are at the top and their contribution towards Mumbai Indians is really immiscible.
In Bowling Order –
- Rahul Chahar
- Jasprit Bumrah
- Trent Bolt/Lasith Malinga
Rahul Chahar is a fine spin bowler and he can perform best on UAE spin tracks. He gave a decent performance for Mumbai Indians in the last IPL season and expecting best from him in this IPL season.
Both the Yorker kings (Bumrah and Malinga) will be back on the ground and MI fans are eagerly waiting for their spell. Trent Boult with his swing and pace can also be the best pace bowling attack backup and choice for Mumbai Indians.
MI Team Strengths:
- Mumbai Indians have an abundance department of batting with Rohit Sharma, Chris Lynn, Quinton De Kock, Suryakumar Yadav.
- Mumbai Indians have brought some top qualify T20 players – Chris Lynn, Nathan Coulter Nile, Trent Boult, and Dhawal Kulkarni.
- Mumbai Indians have Zaheer Khan as Director of Cricket Operations, Mahela Jayewardene as head coach, Robin Singh as Batting Coach, Sachin Tendulkar as Batting mentor, Shane Bond as Bowling Coach and James Pamment as Fielding Coach.
- Since they have huge options and all the players are in well form with very experienced coaches so, its not easy to win against MI.
- MI team has the best and most experienced IPL all-rounders – Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya.
- This team is smart in selecting the players they have many options to play either on batting side or in bowling.
- MI pace bowling attack is very dangerous and stable as they have Jasprit Bumrah, Lasith Malinga, Micthell McClenaghan in addition to Nathan Coulter-Nile and Trent Bolt.
ROYAL CHALLENGER BANGLORE (RCB)
There is the surprise for all to predict Royal Challengers Bangalore in playoffs but this year will not be as same before for RCB and RCB fans. They haven’t won any IPL season yet but preparing well to diminish all the previous failures. In the captaincy of Virat Kohli, RCB has very bright chances of qualifying this year in playoffs.
All the eyes will be on a trio of Finch, De Villiers and Kohli which will take care of scoring the board and this year they have two best foreign fast bowlers and two experienced Indian fast bowlers, Chahal and Washington spin attack on UAE pitches will give strength to their team as we have seen in previous seasons lack of bowling attack RCB have lost many matches.
While when we see the staff, we have Mike Hesson as Director of Cricket Operations, Simon Katich as head Coach, Adam Griffith as Bowling Coach, and batting and spin bowling coach are Sridharan Sriram.
Top Royal Challengers Bangalore Players Who Can Bring RCB into the Playoffs:
In Batting Order –
- Aaron Finch
- Virat Kohli
- Ab De Villiers
Now in form, Aaron Finch will give company to AB de Villiers and Virat Kohli making their batting order strong.
In All-rounders –
- Moeen Ali
- Chris Morris
- Shivam Dube
Chris Morris is one of the most experienced allrounders of IPL and Shivam Dube, a young rising star is very dangerous with his batting and wicket talking bowling.
In Bowling Order –
- Yuzvendra Chahal
- Dale Steyn
- Navdeep Saini
Chahal and Navdeep have performed nicely in previous editions and experience of Steyn will help a lot.
RCB Team Strengths:
- RCB has solid batting order with Aaron Finch, Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers within supporting players like Parthiv Patel, Moeen Ali, Gurkeerat Singh, Shivam Dube.
- Moeen Ali, Washington Sundar, Shivam Dube, and Criss Morris will provide strength with both bat and ball.
- The mix of finger Spinner and leg spinner Yuzvendra Chahal will play a significant role with fast bowlers like Navdeep Saini and Dale Steyn.
- Best captaincy under Virat Kohli
- AB de Villers as match-winner and best T20 batsman.
Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH)
The champions of 2016, Sunriers Hyderabad team is also the tough contender, as this team is considered to have the best bowling attack and top-order batsmen. Also, David Warner comes back as captaincy will also boost SRH confidence as in the captaincy of David Warner, SRH is already one time champion of IPL.
This team has three times Orange Cap winner David Warner and leading wicket-taker Bhuvneshwar Kumar and in the last four years, they are coming in playoffs. SRH with the best spin attack and top-order batsmen will be tremendous on the grounds of UAE and their players will likely love it.
Top Sunrisers Hyderabad Players Who Can Bring SRH into the Playoffs:
In Batting Order: –
- David Warner
- Jonny Bairstow
- Kane Williamson
I think this batting order will sweat the opponent bowlers and it will very difficult to break this lineup, SRH has one of the strongest top batting orders in IPL 2020.
In All-Rounders –
- Vijay Shankar
- Mohammad Nabi
- Mitchell Marsh
SRH has a good set of all-rounders as well. Vijay Shankar, Mohammad Nabi, and Mitchell Marsh have a lot of experience.
In Bowling Order –
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- Rashid Khan
- Khaleel Ahmed
Team Contains head Coaches Tom Moody and now this year Trevor Bayliss will have the charge of ORANGE ARMY while Assistant Coach is Brad Haddin, batting coach is VVS Laxman, Bowling Coach is Muttiah Muralitharan and fielding coach Biju George.
SRH Team Strengths:
- SRH has eminent lineup having devastating opening pair of David Warner and Jonny Bairstow and then on 1st down as Kane Williamson.
- SRH team has the most experienced IPL players.
- The Afghanistani duo of Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi makes spin attack very powerful in the accumulation with Indian pace attack of Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Sandeep Sharma, Khaleel Ahmed, and Siddharth Kaul.
- This team has the ability to take down any team on very low scores and then chase it easily.
- Best captaincy under David Warner.
- Team with Indian Premier League’s leading run maker David Warner and leading wicket-takers Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Khaleel Ahmad.
So these are the teams who can qualify the IPL 2020 playoffs and what are your opinions?