In this post we will talk about Wankhede Stadium pitch report according to all Cricket formats Test, ODI, T20 and you will also get IPL pitch report for Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai Cricket ground.
You will also know Wankhede pitch and ground conditions, matches records of all Cricket formats also IPL matches records, innings average scores of Test, ODI, T20 matches, toss factor and winning records.
Wankhede Stadium Pitch Report
At Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium, the pitch is always batting friendly, here batsmen get help and the pitch is less helpful to for bowlers, this pitch is made of red clay which makes the surface very tough and the bowlers get extra bounce. In the Test match, there is no spin in the beginning here, but with the passing of time, from the third day the ball starts to turn very much, the fourth and the fifth day is dominated by the spin bowler, the pitch here is prepared in this way, so that the decision can come out. In a one-day match, the wicket here does not break soon, due to which the spin gets very less, but the fast bowlers get swing with extra bounce and in the one-day matches, the team likes to chase after winning the toss on the wicket here. This is a great pitch for T20 matches, due to good bounce here too many runs are made and for the spectators, there is a lot of entertainment here.
Wankhede Stadium Pitch Behave in Test
Here are last 5 Test matches average scores of all 4 Test Innings:
- Test Matches 1st Innings Average Score – 379.40 runs
- Test Matches 2nd Innings Average Score – 460 runs
- Test Matches 3rd Innings Average Score – 169.20 runs
- Test Matches 4th Innings Average Score – 133.33 runs
As we have seen all 4 Test innings average scores of last 5 Test matches at Wankhede Stadium, we can say that in first 2 innings there are lots of runs made and very few runs made in the last 2 innings. It can be clearly inferred that in first days of the Test match, batting is lot easier and slowly this pitch starts to be difficult for batting.
Toss Factor in Test:
Team winning the toss always decides to bowl first because in the initial hours on the fresh pitch. Batsmen need to be managed the swing. But after the ball becomes bit older, it becomes easy for the batsman to score runs here. Even if you do not get a good start from the top order, middle order can score up to 380 runs total of 1st innings in Test match. It becomes very easy to bat here in the second innings because the pitch does not help the bowler as much as it helps in the first innings. If the team takes the lead in the second innings. Spinners get help from the foot marks of the fast bowlers, also the uneven bounce, along with the ball turning due to the extra bounce, becomes a very difficult for batsmen. Very few scores are made in third innings and 4th innings.
Test Matches Winning Record at Wankhede Stadium: Here in the last five Tests, the team bowling first has won more matches than the team batting first.
Wankhede Stadium Pitch Behave in ODI
Here are last 5 ODI matches average scores of both Innings:
- ODI Matches 1st Innings Average Score – 324.33 runs
- ODI Matches 2nd Innings Average Score – 255.33 runs
Don’t go with these average scores as among these all last 5 matches here, one match had very high score in the first innings which was 438 runs but rest of the matches have similar scores of the 2nd innings average score, so that’s how we can say that chase is easy on this ground and both innings gets similar amount of runs.
Toss Factor in ODI: It has been seen that the team that wins the toss on this ground always choose bowling first because it is easy to chase the score here.
ODI Matches Winning Record at Wankhede Stadium: Here the team batting first has won only one match in last five ODI matches and that was also because of the very High score by the team which was 438 runs. In the rest 4 matches bowling first team has won 4 matches because the ball comes well on the bat in the second innings, chasing the target becomes easy.
Wankhede Stadium Pitch Behave in T20
Here are last 5 T20 matches average scores of both Innings:
- T20 Matches 1st Innings Average Score – 189 runs
- T20 Matches 2nd Innings Average Score – 169.33 runs
As you can see these last T20 matches average scores, in first innings there are more runs made than the 2nd innings so batting first team can score more runs on this pitch in T20 and its easier to batting on fresh wicket. Wankhede Stadium is very popular for its T20 Wicket, in first innings you will see lots of runs from batsmen.
Toss Factor in T20: Toss is not so important here in T20 but still winning toss team would like to bat first on this wicket to put pressure on the other team and thus they can defend the score only if they have quality bowlers, specially fast bowlers.
T20 Matches Winning Record at Wankhede Stadium: According to the last 5 T20 matches winning records, the batting first team has won 3 matches and bowling first team has won 2 matches. Not so big difference, so I would say go according to both teams strength and weaknesses for making your dream11 team, like which team has quality fast bowlers and which team has hard hitting batsmen.
Wankhede Stadium Pitch Behave in IPL
Here are last 5 IPL matches average scores of both Innings:
- IPL Matches 1st Innings Average Score – 181.8 runs
- IPL Matches 2nd Innings Average Score – 156.4 runs
According to these last 5 IPL matches both innings average score at Wankhede stadium, we can say that there is no such difference because all the last 5 matches were very close and chasing score team won 3 matches on this ground in IPL, so we can inferred that both innings get almost same runs but normally team chasing the score wins the match.
Toss Factor in IPL:
Toss is not so important but according to the last five IPL matches winning records we saw that team chasing the score wins the 4 matches and one match was won by the first batting team in Super Over.
IPL Matches Winning Record at Wankhede Stadium:
In IPL at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium team chasing the score won more matches than the team batting first. Team who bowled first won total 3 matches out of last 5 IPL matches at this ground and team batting first won only 2 matches.
Wankhede Stadium Ground and Pitch Conditions
In limited overs Cricket and in winter season, dew shows its effect, so the team that wins the toss prefers bowling first. The pitch of the Wankhede Stadium gets a little extra Bounce during the day time, if the bowler has good speed and the ability to hit the bouncer then he can annoy the batsman. This ground is very close to the sea, due to which changes in the mood of the pitch are seen from time to time, due to this the pitch here becomes a spin pitch and sometimes provide help for swing bowlers.
Wankhede Stadium Boundary Length:
According to Wikipedia distances from the center of the pitch to the boundary is about 70 meters all around the ground.
Wankhede Stadium Matches Records
Now we will know all Cricket formats matches records at Wankhede stadium, we will share here last 5 matches records, scorecards of all formats, so that you can know how this pitch behaves in all 4 test innings, both ODI innings, both T20 innings, also you will be able to inferred scores in all innings which can help you play and make your team in dream 11 or any other Fantasy Cricket platforms.
Test Matches Records at Wankhede Stadium
Total 25 Tests have been played at this ground from 1975 to 2016, out of which India has won 11 matches, lost 7 matches and drawn 7 matches. Last Test match of India at this ground was played with England on 8 December 2016, India won that match by an innings and 36 runs.
Last 5 Test Matches Records:
Test Match 1: England vs India on 08 December 2016
Result: India Won by an innings and 36 runs
- England First Innings 400 run All out (130.1 overs)
- India First Innings 631 Run All out (182.3 overs)
- England Second Innings 195 run All out (130.1 overs)
Test Match 2: West Indies vs India on 14 November 2013
Result: India won by an innings and 126 runs
- West Indies First Innings 182 run All out (55.2 overs)
- India First Innings 495 Run All out (108 overs)
- West Indies Second Innings 187 run All out (47 overs)
Test Match 3: England vs India on 23 November 2012
Result: England won by 10 wickets
- India First Innings 327 run All out (115.1 overs)
- England First Innings 413 Run All out (121.3 overs)
- India Second Innings 142 run All out (44.1 overs)
- England Second Innings 58/0 Runs (9.4 overs)
Test Match 4: West Indies vs India on 22 November 2011
Result: Match Drawn
- West Indies First Innings 590 run All out (184.1 overs)
- India First Innings 482 Run All out (135.4 overs)
- West Indies Second Innings 134 run All out (57.2 overs)
- India Second Innings 242/9 (64 overs)
Test Match 5: England vs India on 18 March 2006
Result: England won by 212 runs
- England First Innings 400 run All out (133.4 overs)
- India First Innings 279 Run All out (104.1 overs)
- England Second Innings 191 run All out (92.4 overs)
- India Second Innings 100 Run All Out (48.2 overs)
ODI Matches Records at Wankhede Stadium
Total 22 ODIs One day international matches have been played on this ground from 1987 to 2020. India has played total of 19 matches here, out of which 10 have won and faced 9 defeats.
Last 5 ODI Matches records:
ODI Match 1: Australia vs India on 14 January 2020
Result: Australia won by 10 wickets
- 1st inning – IND 255 All out
- 2nd inning – AUS 258/0 (37.4 overs)
ODI Match 2: India vs New Zealand on 22 October 2017
Result: New Zealand won by 6 wickets
- 1st innings – IND 280/8 (50 overs)
- 2nd innings – NZ 284/4 (49 overs)
ODI Match 3: India vs South Africa on 25 October 2015
Result: South Africa won by 214 runs
- 1st innings – RSA 438/4 (50 overs)
- 2nd innings – IND 224/10 ( 36 overs)
ODI Match 4: England vs India on 23 October 2011
Result: India won by 6 wickets
- 1st innings – ENG 220/10 (46.1 overs)
- 2nd innings – IND 223/4 (40.1 overs)
ODI Match 5: Sri Lanka vs India on 2 April 2011
Result: India won by 6 wickets
- 1st innings – SL 274/8 (50 overs)
- 2nd innings – IND 277/4 (48.2 overs)
T20 Matches Records at Wankhede Stadium
Total of 7 international T20 matches have been played on this ground from 2012 to 2019. India has played total of 4 matches here, out of which 2 have won and faced 2 defeats.
Last 5 T20 Matches Records:
T20 Match 1: India vs West Indies on 22 December 2019
Result: India won by 67 runs
- 1st innings – IND 240/3 (20 overs)
- 2nd innings – WI 173/8 (20 overs)
T20 Match 2: India vs Sri Lanka on 22 December 2017
Result: India won by 5 wickets
- 1st innings – SL 135/7 (20 overs)
- 2nd innings – IND 139/5 (19.2 overs)
T20 Match 3: India vs West Indies on 31 March 2016
Result: India won by 7 wickets
- 1st innings – IND 192/2 (20 overs)
- 2nd innings – WI 196/3 (19.4 overs)
T20 Match 4: South Africa vs Afghanistan on 20 March 2016
Result: South Africa won by 37 runs
- 1st innings – SA 209/5 (20 overs)
- 2nd innings – AFG 172/10 (20 overs)
T20 Match 5: South Africa vs England on 18 March 2016
Result: England won by 2 wickets
- 1st innings – SA 229/4 (20 overs)
- 2nd innings – Eng 230/8 (19.4 overs)
IPL Matches Records at Wankhede Stadium
Vivo IPL 2021 is now prosponed and will resume shortly in UAE. As Mumbai is recognised one of the venues of IPL 2021, 8 matches have played here before prospone.
Last 5 IPL Matches Records:
IPL Match 1: Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore on 25 April 2021
Result: Chennai Super Kings won by 69 runs
- 1st innings – CSK 191/4 (20 overs)
- 2nd innings – RCB 122/9 (20 overs)
IPL Match 2: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Rajasthan Royals on 24 April 2021
Result: Rajasthan Royals won by 6 wickets
- 1st innings – KKR 133/9 (20 overs)
- 2nd innings – RR 134/4 (18.5 overs)
IPL Match 3: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore on 22 April 2021
Result: Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 10 wickets
- 1st innings – RR 177/9 (20 overs)
- 2nd innings – RCB 181/0 (16.3 overs)
IPL Match 4: Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knoght Riders on 21 April 2021
Result: Chennai Super Kings won by 18 runs
- 1st innings – CSK 220/3 (20 overs)
- 2nd innings – KKR 202 runs All out (19.1 overs)
IPL Match 5: Chennai Super Kings vs Rajasthan Royals on 19 April 2021
Result: Chennai Super Kings won by 45 runs
- 1st innings – CSK 188/9 (20 overs)
- 2nd innings – RR 143/9 (20 overs)
Today’s Match Wankhede Stadium Pitch Report
Here you will get live pitch report update for upcoming matches to play at Wankhede Stadium
Upcoming Match at Wankhede Stadium:
Here Live Pitch Report Will Be Updated On The Match Time